Community

Home » Community

Happy New Year!

Here is the light show I stepped into on my walk home from Painters Hall last night. It was quiet out and the birds were darting around, really quite a beautiful sight, I felt very lucky to be there.   Read more

Paco’s photos

Paco, who takes care of the landscaping for the entire neighborhood using all-organic methods, enjoys snapping photos when he sees something beautiful (which happens frequently here). This is a shot he took yesterday in the wetlands. Read more

Painters Hall Cafe on urbanspoon.com

Check out this incredible review on urbanspoon. Sounds staged but it's 100% real I swear. http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/276/1627426/restaurant/Painters-Hall-Cafe-Salem "October 31, 2011 It's in the heart  of........... by Chuck  Bradley (797  reviews) Pringle Creek Community, a  fledgling green development on the old Fairview Home property off Strong RD  SE. The ancient and towering smoke stack from a bygone day looms above the  building where the painters, who maintained the many buildings on the then  state owned facility, worked and stored their equipment and supplies. The  décor is an eclectic mix and includes large tables for big groups or intimate  tables and conversation groupings with easy chairs, couches ... Read more

Happy Halloween!

Super Remy and Ninja E get ready to take on the world! Read more

Urban Farmer Certification Class Tour

Last weekend Urban Farmer participants toured several classmates' wonderful home garden spaces, checking out the organic gardening principles discussed in class.Kristi's organized and bountiful tomato operation.Susan's gorgeous peppers (above) and beautiful sunflower/bean trellis (below).Megan and Andrew's pumpkins!Mary and John's incredible food garden, encompassing the former grassy shoulder of the road.It was so neat to see how the garden owners employed the organic gardening principles discussed in class. Thanks to all of our participants who hosted sites and attended our wonderful garden tour!This year's Urban Farmer Certification is, sadly, almost over! If you are interested in signing up for next ... Read more
Page 30 of 62« First...1020...2829303132...405060...Last »