It’s that time of year again where we are letting you know about the awesome Urban Farmer workshop program brought to you by the Sustainable Living Center (SLC). Our very own Urban Farmer, Colleen Owen, will be teaching some of the workshops, too! If you’ve always been curious about gardening, but haven’t quite figured out how to take the plunge, or you have a green thumb and are up for learning some new techniques, this may be just the workshop for you. It also may be a great gift for the holidays. Go to the SLC’s website to learn more about the Urban Farmer workshop after taking a look at the info below!
DATES AND PRICING
Classes are generally held on the first and third Saturdays, February through May from 10:00 am to Noon.
- All prices include all 8 classes, seeds, and space in our greenhouse and community garden
- Individual Fees: $130
- Couple Package (with shared materials): $180
- Parent and Child Special (age 9-17): $140
- Saturday, February 3, 2018: Class Introduction: Planning a Vegetable Garden
- Saturday, February 17, 2018: Soils: The Foundation for a Great Garden
- Saturday, March 10, 2018: Beneficial Bugs for Your Garden & Companion Planting
- Saturday, March 24, 2018: Seed Swap – We provide seeds for all participants
- Saturday, April 7, 2018: Vegetable Gardening: Tips and Hands-On Starting Seeds in Glasshouse
- Saturday, April 21, 2018: Organic Fertilizers and More Hands-On Planting Tme
- Saturday, May 5, 2018: What to do With Your Harvest
- Saturday, May 19, 2018: Fall Gardening to Extend Your Growing Season & Cover Crops
URBAN FARMER: COLLEEN OWEN
In addition to being the instructor for the Urban farming classes, Colleen is in charge of maintaining the greenhouses year-round at the Pringle Creek Community and caring for the orchards. Colleen has a master gardener certification, and 11 years of retail nursery experience. In her spare time, Colleen likes to do photography and read.